Donate today to the Institute for Community Leadership Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Life and Legacy Classes!
Your Donation Provides:
- Curriculum for one student for the week of programming
- Lunch and snack for one student for the full week
- Travel & lodging
- Staffing for the full week
What the Dr. King Life and Legacy Classes are about:
The Institute for Community Leadership holds a five day session for students to change themselves to make a difference in the world. The Life and Legacy of Dr. King Classes offer nonviolence as a means to develop self-control. Through the Dr. King Life and Legacy Classes, students develop inner realm character and conduct required to live according to their own values and beliefs which strengthens self-confidence, motivation, and cultural integrity.
Life and Legacy impact:
- Students align their conduct with their values and beliefs
- Ethics and values are developed through active participation in community problem solving
- Students develop the ability to speak and act eloquently for a stronger democracy
- Live in this exact moment with critical capacity to confront injustices and inequities, and ability to be the change they desire to see in relationships around them